The Finnish Education Evaluation Centre has conducted an audit of the Arcada University of Applied Sciences and has awarded the institution a quality label that is valid for six years from 22 March 2018. The quality management system of Arcada fulfils the national criteria set for the quality management of higher education institutions, and corresponds to the European quality assurance principles and recommendations for higher education institutions.
The object of the audit was the quality management system that the institution has developed based on its own needs and goals. The freely selected audit target chosen by Arcada was student guidance.
The following were regarded as key strengths of the quality management system:
- The development of the quality of operations is based on a shared and firmly grounded quality culture.
- Arcada has developed creative and systematic methods to collect student feedback.
- Arcada puts a lot of effort into monitoring the study progress of students and providing support to them if needed.
Among others, the following recommendations were given to Arcada:
- The overall societal objectives of the institution should be more systematically communicated, measured and followed up in order to increase Arcada’s societal impact.
- Arcada should systematise feedback-to-feedback i.e. students should receive information on changes introduced based on their feedback.
- Arcada should develop qualitative objectives for quality work.
For further information on the audit, please contact
Ingegerd Palmér, chair of the audit team, ingegerd.palmer(at)gmail.com
Mirella Nordblad, project manager, +358 29 533 5541, mirella.nordblad(at)karvi.fi