FINEEC conducts an audit of Haaga-Helia University of Applied Sciences. A two-day audit visit at Haaga-Helia is carried out 14-15 February 2023. The audit report is to be published in April-May 2023 on FINEEC’s digital audit platform.
The audit is conducted by the following audit team:
- Professor Dr. Karim Khakzar, President of Fulda University of Applied Sciences (chair), Germany
- Professor Dr. Henrik Dindas, FOM University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Student Hilal Karaoğlan, Boğazici University, Turkey
- Labor market director, Hanne Salonen, Finnish Education Employers (FEE).
The purpose of the audit is
- to evaluate whether the quality work in the HEI meets the European quality assurance standards,
- to assess whether the quality system produces relevant information for the implementation of the strategy and the continuous development of the HEI’s activities, and whether it results in effective enhancement activities,
- to encourage internationalisation, experimenting and a creative atmosphere at HEIs, and
- to accumulate open and transparent information on quality work at Finnish HEIs.
The focus of the audit is on the procedures used by the HEI to maintain and enhance the quality of its activities.
The FINEEC audits cover all the core duties of the HEI, that is, education, research /RDI and societal engagement. The strategic development of HEIs is supported in the audit by offering HEIs the possibility to select one of the evaluation areas. Haaga-Helia has chosen Study & Work -model as one of the evaluation areas. Benchlearning is one of the methods applied in the audits.
The enhancement-led approach is applied in the audits. The goal of enhancement-led evaluation is to involve staff, students and stakeholders of a higher education institution (HEI) in recognising strengths, good practices and enhancement areas in the HEI’s activities. The aim is also to support HEIs in achieving their own objectives, thus creating a premise for the continuous development of HEIs.
The contact person at FINEEC
Hanna Väätäinen, Senior Advisor, + 358 29 533 68, email@example.com
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter