FINEEC conducts an audit of Hanken School of Economics. A two-day audit visit at the Hanken is carried out 7–8 March 2023. The audit report is to be published by June 2023 on FINEEC’s digital audit platform.
The audit is conducted by the following audit team:
- Oliver Vettori (PhD) Dean, Accreditation & Quality Management and Director, Programme Management & Teaching and Learning Support, WU Vienna (chair)
- Crina Damşa (PhD) Associate Professor, University of Oslo
- Hanna Maula (DSc) Vice President, Communications and Brand for UPM-Kymmene Corporation
- Alexander Myers, doctoral researcher, LUT University.
The purpose of the audit is
- to evaluate whether the quality work in the HEI meets the European quality assurance standards,
- to assess whether the quality system produces relevant information for the implementation of the strategy and the continuous development of the HEI’s activities, and whether it results in effective enhancement activities,
- to encourage internationalisation, experimenting and a creative atmosphere at HEIs, and
- to accumulate open and transparent information on quality work at Finnish HEIs.
The focus of the audit is on the procedures used by the HEI to maintain and enhance the quality of its activities.
The FINEEC audits cover all the core duties of the HEI, that is, education, research, and societal engagement. The strategic development of HEIs is supported in the audit by offering HEIs the possibility to select one of the evaluation areas. Hanken has chosen Recruitment and integration of international students with the focus on Hanken International Talent (HIT) as one of the evaluation areas.
Benchlearning is one of the methods applied in the audits. The benchlearning partner of the Hanken is BI Norwegian Business School (Learning Center) and the benchlearning target is Support for digital pedagogy (Hanken Teaching lab).
The enhancement-led approach is applied in the audits. The goal of enhancement-led evaluation is to involve staff, students, and stakeholders of a higher education institution (HEI) in recognising strengths, good practices, and enhancement areas in the HEI’s activities. The aim is also to support HEIs in achieving their own objectives, thus creating a premise for the continuous development of HEIs.
Contact person at FINEEC
Mirella Nordblad, project manager of the audit, +358 29 533 5541, mirella.nordblad(at)karvi.fiShare on Facebook Share on Twitter