FINEEC conducts an audit of the Aalto University. A two-day audit visit at Aalto is carried out 25-26 January 2023. The audit report is to be published in April 2023 on FINEEC’s digital audit platform. The audit is carried out by an international review team in English.
The audit is conducted by the following audit team:
- Vice Principal, Associate professor Antoinette Perry, University College Dublin, Ireland (chair)
- Student Mia Brzakovic, University of Belgrade and Trinity College Dublin, Serbia
- CEO Mika Konu, Technology Centre Merinova, Finland
- Professor Geir Øien, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
The purpose of the audit is
- to evaluate whether the quality work in the HEI meets the European quality assurance standards,
- to assess whether the quality system produces relevant information for the implementation of the strategy and the continuous development of the HEI’s activities, and whether it results in effective enhancement activities,
- to encourage internationalisation, experimenting and a creative atmosphere at HEIs, and to accumulate open and transparent information on quality work at Finnish HEIs.
The focus of the audit is on the procedures used by the HEI to maintain and enhance the quality of its activities.
The FINEEC audits cover all the core duties of the HEI, that is, education, research /RDI and societal engagement. The strategic development of HEIs is supported in the audit by offering HEIs the possibility to select one of the evaluation areas. Aalto has chosen Equality, Diversity and Inclusion as one of the evaluation areas.
Benchlearning is one of the methods applied in the audits. The benchlearning partner of Aalto is Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (Switzerland) and the benchlearning target is Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
The enhancement-led approach is applied in the audits. The goal of enhancement-led evaluation is to involve staff, students and stakeholders of a higher education institution (HEI) in recognising strengths, good practices and enhancement areas in the HEI’s activities. The aim is also to support HEIs in achieving their own objectives, thus creating a premise for the continuous development of HEIs.
The contact person at FINEEC
Sirpa Moitus, Counsellor of Evaluation, + 358 29 533 5518, firstname.lastname@example.org
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter