FINEEC conducts an audit of the Karelia University of Applied Sciences. A two-day audit visit at the Turku University of Applied of Sciences is carried out 15-16 November 2023. The audit report is to be published by March 2024 on FINEEC’s digital audit platform.
The audit is conducted by the following audit team:
- Rector Riitta Rissanen, Lapland University of Applied Sciences (chair of the audit team)
- Head of Economic Development Ding Ma, City of Lappeenranta
- Student Adel Rizvi, Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
- Principal Lecturer Hanna Teräs, Tampere University of Applied Sciences
The purpose of the audit is
- to evaluate whether the quality work in the HEI meets the European quality assurance standards,
- to assess whether the quality system produces relevant information for the implementation of the strategy and the continuous development of the HEI’s activities, and whether it results in effective enhancement activities,
- to encourage internationalisation, experimenting and a creative atmosphere at HEIs, and
- to accumulate open and transparent information on quality work at Finnish HEIs.
The focus of the audit is on the procedures used by the HEI to maintain and enhance the quality of its activities.
The FINEEC audits cover all the core duties of the HEI, that is, education, research /RDI and societal engagement. The strategic development of HEIs is supported in the audit by offering HEIs the possibility to select one of the evaluation areas. The Karelia University of Applied Sciences has chosen as one of the evaluation areas the promotion of educational immigration.
Benchlearning is one of the methods applied in the audits. The benchlearning partner of the Kareali University of Applied Sciences is Seinäjoki University of Applied Sciences and the benchlearning target is the quality system, in particular the use of the quality system in strategic management and the functioning and development of the quality system.
The enhancement-led approach is applied in the audits. The goal of enhancement-led evaluation is to involve staff, students and stakeholders of a higher education institution (HEI) in recognising strengths, good practices and enhancement areas in the HEI’s activities. The aim is also to support HEIs in achieving their own objectives, thus creating a premise for the continuous development of HEIs.
The contact person at FINEEC
Niina Nurkka, Senior Advisor, + 358 29 533 5573, firstname.lastname@example.orgShare on Facebook Share on Twitter