FINEEC conducts an audit of Tampere University of Applied Sciences. A two-day audit visit at TAMK is carried out 24-25 November 2021. The audit report is to be published in March 2022 on FINEEC’s digital audit platform.
The audit is conducted by the following audit team:
- Rector Turo Kilpeläinen, LAB University of Applied Sciences (chair)
- Director Hannele Keränen, Lapland University of Applied Sciences
- Director, skills and competence Leena Pöntynen, Technology Industries of Finland
- Student Paavo Sormunen, VAMOK, Vaasa University of Applied Sciences
The purpose of the audit is
- to evaluate whether the quality work in the HEI meets the European quality assurance standards,
- to assess whether the quality system produces relevant information for the implementation of the strategy and the continuous development of the HEI’s activities, and whether it results in effective enhancement activities,
- to encourage internationalisation, experimenting and a creative atmosphere at HEIs, and to accumulate open and transparent information on quality work at Finnish HEIs.
The focus of the audit is on the procedures used by the HEI to maintain and enhance the quality of its activities.
The FINEEC audits cover all the core duties of the HEI, that is, education, research /RDI and societal engagement. The strategic development of HEIs is supported in the audit by offering HEIs the possibility to select one of the evaluation areas. TAMK has chosen Common services at Tampere Universities’ community.
Benchlearning is one of the methods applied in the audits. The benchlearning partner of Tampere University of Applied Sciences is Hanze University of Applied Sciences and the benchlearning target is Systematic quality management procedures in ensuring and enhancing societal impact.
The enhancement-led approach is applied in the audits. The goal of enhancement-led evaluation is to involve staff, students and stakeholders of a higher education institution (HEI) in recognising strengths, good practices and enhancement areas in the HEI’s activities. The aim is also to support HEIs in achieving their own objectives, thus creating a premise for the continuous development of HEIs.
The contact person at FINEEC
Karl Holm, Counsellor of Evaluation, +358 29 533 5509, firstname.lastname@example.orgShare on Facebook Share on Twitter