FINEEC conducts an audit of the University of Eastern Finland. A two-day audit visit at the University of Eastern Finland is carried out 9–10 November 2022. The audit report is to be published in February 2023 on FINEEC’s digital audit platform.
The audit is conducted by the following audit team:
- Professor Eva Åkesson, Lund University, Sweden
- Student Marc Perkins, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Professor Jürgen Seifried, University of Mannheim, Germany
- Chief Advisor Anni Siltanen, The Chemical Industry Federation of Finland.
The purpose of the audit is
- to evaluate whether the quality work in the HEI meets the European quality assurance standards,
- to assess whether the quality system produces relevant information for the implementation of the strategy and the continuous development of the HEI’s activities, and whether it results in effective enhancement activities,
- to encourage internationalisation, experimenting and a creative atmosphere at HEIs, and
- to accumulate open and transparent information on quality work at Finnish HEIs.
The focus of the audit is on the procedures used by the HEI to maintain and enhance the quality of its activities.
The FINEEC audits cover all the core duties of the HEI, that is, education, research, and societal engagement. The strategic development of HEIs is supported in the audit by offering HEIs the possibility to select one of the evaluation areas. The University of Eastern Finland has chosen UEF as a study and work environment for international students and employees as one of the evaluation areas.
Benchlearning is one of the methods applied in the audits. The benchlearning partner of the University of Eastern Finland is the University of Jyväskylä and the benchlearning target is Continuous learning incl. stakeholder cooperation.
The enhancement-led approach is applied in the audits. The goal of enhancement-led evaluation is to involve staff, students, and stakeholders of a higher education institution (HEI) in recognising strengths, good practices, and enhancement areas in the HEI’s activities. The aim is also to support HEIs in achieving their own objectives, thus creating a premise for the continuous development of HEIs.
The contact person at FINEEC
Mira Huusko, senior advisor, + 358 29 533 5565, email@example.comShare on Facebook Share on Twitter