FINEEC conducts an audit of the University of Lapland. A two-day audit visit at the University of Lapland is carried out 1-2 December 2021. The audit report is to be published in February 2022 on FINEEC’s digital audit platform.
The audit is conducted by the following audit team:
- Tapio Määttä, Academic Rector, University of Eastern Finland (chair of the audit team)
- Liisa Postareff, leading principal lecturer, researcher, Häme University of Applied Sciences (HAMK)
- Timo Lappi, CEO, The Finnish Hospitality Association MaRa
- Elisa Rauma, student, Aalto University.
The purpose of the audit is
- to evaluate whether the quality work in the HEI meets the European quality assurance standards,
- to assess whether the quality system produces relevant information for the implementation of the strategy and the continuous development of the HEI’s activities, and whether it results in effective enhancement activities,
- to encourage internationalisation, experimenting and a creative atmosphere at HEIs, and to accumulate open and transparent information on quality work at Finnish HEIs.
The focus of the audit is on the procedures used by the HEI to maintain and enhance the quality of its activities.
The FINEEC audits cover all the core duties of the HEI, that is, education, research /RDI and societal engagement. The strategic development of HEIs is supported in the audit by offering HEIs the possibility to select one of the evaluation areas. The University of Lapland has chosen Linking project and research cooperation to the degree program in fine arts education as one of the evaluation areas.
Benchlearning is one of the methods applied in the audits. The benchlearning partner of the University of Lapland is University of Helsinki and the benchlearning target is student feedback system.
The enhancement-led approach is applied in the audits. The goal of enhancement-led evaluation is to involve staff, students and stakeholders of a higher education institution (HEI) in recognising strengths, good practices and enhancement areas in the HEI’s activities. The aim is also to support HEIs in achieving their own objectives, thus creating a premise for the continuous development of HEIs.
The contact person at FINEEC
Mira Huusko, senior advisor, + 358 29 533 5565, email@example.com