Early childhood education and care
Welcome to FINEEC’s page for Early Childhood Education and Care
The menu contains FINEEC’s material related to the national evaluation of early childhood education and care (ECEC), information about ongoing external evaluations and reports of completed evaluations. You will also find information about the national digital quality evaluation system (Valkea) being developed at FINEEC.
FINEEC’s task is to conduct national external evaluations of ECEC and provide support for ECEC organisers in their statutory task of self-evaluation and quality management. FINEEC’s tasks and organisation are laid down in following acts: Act on the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre 1295/2013; Act amending sections 1 and 2 of the Act on the Finnish Education Evaluation Centre 582/2015; Act on Early Childhood Education and Care 540/2018.
FINEEC’s ECEC team:
- Janniina Vlasov, Counsellor of Evaluation – ECEC evaluation as a whole, with focus on the support for ECEC organisers quality management. Tel. +358 29 533 5543
- Anna Siippainen, Senior Advisor – Focus on the experiment on free of charge early childhood education and care for five-year-olds. Tel. +358 29 533 5566
- Sivi Harkoma, Senior Advisor – Focus on ECEC organisers quality management, puh. +358 29 533 5556
- Julia Kuusiholma-Linnamäki, Senior Advisor – Focus on the evaluation of the experiment for free of charge early childhood education and care for five-year-olds, +358 29 533 5551
- Tuomas Sarkkinen, Senior Advisor – ECEC evaluation as a whole. Tel. +358 29 533 5582
You can contact us with any questions related to evaluations! Email addresses are in the form of email@example.com