Thematic evaluations focus on a particular theme within the education system. The target of evaluation may also be the state of a particular form of education. System evaluations focus on the education system as a whole or its part. In addition, the target may be educational policy and its implementation or the development of the education system. Thematic and system evaluations may focus either solely on higher education, or then simultaneously several levels of the education system.
A variety of evaluation methods are used in thematic and system evaluations. The key is to take into account the perspectives of various stakeholders, to study the phenomenon critically and profoundly, and to form a comprehensive understanding of the evaluation target.
Ongoing thematic evaluations in 2019:
- Evaluation of student transitions and smooth study paths (2017–2021)
- Immigrants in higher education (2019)
- Evaluation of fields of study (2019)
Completed thematic evaluations from 2016–2018:
- Entrepreneurship in vocational education and training and in higher education (2017–2018)
- Evaluation of Teacher Education Forum (2017–2018)
- Evaluation of undergraduate medical education (2017–2018)
- International comparison of the integration of immigrants into the educational system (2016–2018)
- Evaluation of education in the maritime sector (2015–2017)
- Evaluation of teacher education qualifying to teach Swedish as the second national language in Finland (2015–2017)
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter